Tips and Tricks for Helping a Resistant Baby
Tips and Tricks for Helping a Baby Who is Resisting
- Don’t stay on one new skill too long. Count to five and move to the next step.
- Talk to baby the whole time. Explain to them what is happening.
- Stop, relax and let baby have a close cuddle while you cover them with water using your hands.
- Be animated and make all the things seem new and exciting.
- Celebrate when they do something without resisting/complaining.
- Build trust with baby, don’t be too silly or splash too much that they get a fright.
- Acknowledge when they have big feelings, but know that they can work on floating even with them.
- Take breaks and do something fun to distract them.
- Get bubbles you can blow.
- Do not use bubble bath or other soaps as they will make it harder to float in the water without getting soapy eyes.
- Plan for them, bring their favourite toy, know when they will be tired and hungry and get in the water at a good time for them.
- Always end each session on as happy a note as possible.
- :) Smile.